Virtual server solutions – secure, flexible and cost effective
Many organisations have a server in their network which might run Microsoft Exchange, act as a central file server or host websites or specific applications such as accounting packages.
They have become almost essential for many SMEs. As more business critical functionality is hosted on the server the requirement to ensure the servers are powerful enough to do the job and to keep the servers up and running has increased. This leads to high capital and support costs.
A virtual server is essentially a solution which uses a share of a very large powerful server “in the cloud”. This gives all the functionality you need with :
- reduced capital costs
- reduced support costs
- improved uptime and business continuity
- Increased flexibility to flex capacity as required
Who should consider a virtual server solution?
A virtual server solution offers great flexibility, security and cost effectiveness. It should definitely be considered by any organisations who:
- Are considering implementing a server for the first time
- Are having to upgrade to larger/faster servers
- Are looking to reduce capital expenditure and support costs